Dear Group

Some may recall discussions previously about an undated feasibility study for a Coal mine near Cromhall (Glos)

The suggestion was made that the document might have a water mark.  This has been checked and it does have a watermark which contains the letters GR. (it is suggested this relates to one of the King Georges)

In other email discussions outside the group comments by Chris Williams have been very helpful.  The problem is even if we could identify which George the watermark relates to there are still relatively long time spans involved.

i.e (I Think!)
George I 1714-27
George II 1727-60
George III 1760-1820
George IV 1820-1830

However

I have copies of other documents, leases etc relating to different phases of the works at Cromhall and a date (even if only a range) would help indicate which site the document refers to.

I expect (as Chris suggests) we have pursued this line of enquiry as far as possible.  If anybody does however know of anybody who might be able to identify water marks (and dates from them) I'd be extremely interested to hear from them.  A sketch of the watermark can be forwarded,

Regards

David Hardwick