Hello !

I am looking for styli  (from roman time to the middle age) originating from well dated graves and other well dated archaeological context. The material they are made of may be iron, non-ferrous metals and bone/ivory.

I am interested as well in excavations - yet finished or still being in progress - concerning places of fabrication of styli (workshops).

stylus = pencil used for writing on wooden tablets which were hollowed out in the centre and filled with wax. Its scriber end is pointed, the other end - for erasing mistakes - is formed as a spatula.

Thanks for your help !

Verena Schaltenbrand Obrecht

Verena Schaltenbrand Obrecht
e-mail : [log in to unmask]