>From : Ian Cowburn President,
Association Archéologique pour l'Etude des Mines et de la Métallurgie,
Mines du Fournel 05120 L'Argentière-la-Bessée France
tel 00 33 492 23 04 48 fax 00 33 492 23 20 90
mail [log in to unmask]

This subject has received a lot of attention here in France, notably lately
with a doctorate in preparation by Christophe Marconnet following the dig
here on the Fournel site with Bruno Ancel. We would be pleased to
collaborate on a conference organisation on this theme (including
metallurgy).