Last time I looked it was still possible to buy new original Garforth lamps
from Protector Lamp and Lighting Co, Eccles (the most popular brand, it
seems)  who were, 2 years ago at least, still in business. (try directory
inquiries)  The Garforth is the most common 'Davy' Lamp.

Distinction should be made between the Davy Lamp and other variants.

the Garforth GR6S is the Deputies lamp with striker and gas inlet sinter and
magnetic lock.    British Telecom also used Protector type 1A lamps,
basically a pared down Garforth Lamp without the above features, the base of
which can be unscrewed without special tools.  The only giveaway is a small
T'' logo on the chimney cowl.

Telecom also used Wolf safety lamps, I forget the type no.  You can still
pick up these latter two lamps for £30 ish and they, unlike reproduction
lamps, have a working history, albeit non-mining orientated.

MARK