----- Original Message -----
From: "ramseykm" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 16 March 2000 19:41
Subject: Beauchamp Family and the Forest of Dean

> The Beauchamp ... may also have owned pits in the Forest of Dean .

> Keith Ramsey

LONG - Family

In the same way as Keith Ramsey has found references to Beauchamps and the
Forest I have also come across a reference regarding Samuel Long

Lindley states in " Wotton Under Edge - Men & affairs of a Cotswold Wool
Town" (1962) that he had "Coal Interests in the Forest of Dean"

My guess is Lindley was unaware of the Longs involvement in Cromhall & Yate
and made an assumption regarding the forest, but somebody on the list may
know more!  The name Long also appears in connection with the Somerset
coalfield.
TEAGUE - Family

The 1842 Commission Report  gives the following information

HOPEWELL, NEW ENGINE, AND PROSPER PITS near COLEFORD
- Peter Teague And Co.
Mr. Peter Teague, Managing Partner

The name Teague appears on documents relating to Cromhall colliery between
1815 & 1819.

Is there any link between the names?

Regards

DAVID