Dear Thomas,

I must admit to being 'interested' in a Calcium Carbide mine? Not, I suppose
impossible, but the black colour seems to say Silicon Carbide? The mfrd.
C.Carbide being a light/dark creamish colour, does not mean that the
'natural' variety is black of course. I have spoken to another on the matter
& they seem to be aware of a natural occurrence, but I must admit to never
having come across one. My apologies to Tony for any doubt on the subject,
but assuming this is really Calcium Carbide it is very interesting. Does
anyone else know anything on the natural occurance of Calcium Carbide?
Regards,   Bernard