Tony Brooks wrote:
It might be interesting to get together a list of the number of winders that still survive, their details and how many do or could still work

Watch this space!  We prepared th draft headgear list during a long trip to Scotland.  On the same journey we did the same for surviving winding/pumping engines.  I was going to leave it a few days and then publish our draft one here.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to me already on headgears and (I hope) are yet to do so.  I will publish the definitive list when it is more accurate.

Adrian

--

Visit the British Mining Database for references to all kinds of mining subjects.

"http://www.ap.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bmd.htm"