>re. Peter's enquiry (16.11.00) on behalf of non-member in Malta - original
>message follows. Sir John England doesn't ring any bells with me - did
>anyone else come up with any information?

James,

There has been no other response todate.  Josef Laspina has since contacted
me to explain that he is not entirely sure that his name was John, so an
coal owner / mine owner, in the Bristol area, called England could be of
interest.

Peter

Peter Claughton, Blaenpant Morfil, Rosebush, Clynderwen,
Pembrokeshire, Wales  SA66 7RE.
Tel. 01437 532578; Fax. 01437 532921; Mobile 07831 427599

University of Exeter - Department of History
School of Historical, Political and Sociological Studies
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Co-owner - mining-history e-mail discussion list.
See http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mining-history.html  for details.

Mining History Pages - http://www.exeter.ac.uk/~pfclaugh/mhinf/