>The Guildhall Library is well worth a mention in your list, as far as I know
>the ONLY major source of old Annual Reports of the UK listed companies

Martin,

The Stock Exchange material in the Guildhall Library (prospectuses, reports
etc.) are an extremely useful resource for any study of the commercial
aspects of mining - see 'A brief guide to primary sources' in the
forthcoming NAMHO handbook for these and other resources.

The listing at http://www.exeter.ac.uk/~pfclaugh/mhinf/location.htm focuses
on the location of published sources - statistical resources, primarily
official publications, and periodicals, like the Mining Journal. All the
library holdings listed, unless stated otherwise, should be available to the
public although advanced notice might be required.  University and other
libraries, like that at the IMM are, on the whole, open to serious
researchers. However, any researcher would be well advised to make enquiries
before making a special journey to a library public or otherwise.

Peter

Peter Claughton, Blaenpant Morfil, Rosebush, Clynderwen,
Pembrokeshire, Wales  SA66 7RE.
Tel. 01437 532578; Fax. 01437 532921; Mobile 07831 427599

University of Exeter - Department of History
School of Historical, Political and Sociological Studies
E-mail:  [log in to unmask]

Co-owner - mining-history e-mail discussion list.
See http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists/mining-history/  for details.

Mining History Pages - http://www.exeter.ac.uk/~pfclaugh/mhinf/