I have been asked by a friend if I knew how coal was loaded on to railway
wagons around the turn of the century. He is a model railway enthusiast and
has a layout based on a branch line in the Nottinghamshire coalfield which
includes a mine.  He would like a photo of a typical building for this
operation which I suppose would be called a bunker so that it can be
included on the layout. As my interests lay in hard-rock mining I have only
a scant knowledge of coal! Can anyone point me in the right direction with
either an internet source or a book, etc?

Many thanks,

Iain Wright

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
the subject of legal, professional or other privilege. It is intended
for the named addressees only and may not be disclosed to anyone
without the sender's consent. If you are not the named addressee you
must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on the contents
of this message and should destroy it immediately. If you need further
information please contact the originator of this message on
020 7808 8200 (Victoria Office) or 020 8293 8600 (Greenwich Site Office).

The New Millennium Experience Company Limited is registered in
England, number 3113928, registered office 110 Buckingham Palace
Road, London SW1W 9SB.