HAVE YOU RETIRED FROM MIDWIFERY PRACTICE?

HERE'S AN OPPORTUNITY TO PASS ON SOME OF THAT VALUABLE KNOWLEDGE AND
EXPERIENCE!!

The Summer issue of MM is going to carry "Retired Midwives' Stories".  This
is where you come in.

The idea was triggered by some great messages from retired midwives to the
email discussion list.  The mailings carried such a wealth of opinions,
experience, "tricks of the trade", advice on difficult situations, etc.,
that several members of the list (practising midwives, students, mums, etc.)
commented that it was a shame to lose the knowledge and experience which our
retired colleagues carry in their head (and hands!).

So, please put pen to paper, and let us have your stories.  It's almost
inevitable that someone reading them will learn something useful to apply in
their practice.

Please send your contributions to Margaret ([log in to unmask])
by
10th April.  Do contact Margaret if you'd like to have more details.

I look forward to a deluge of anecdotes, hints, tips, etc. from my fellow
retired midwives, and I'll try to put something in myself!

Thanks for your help
Ishbel

From: Ishbel Kargar SRN SCM (retired)
Admin. Secretary