I work at the European Institute for Health and Medical Sciences at the
University of Surrey and undertake research in the area of nutrition related
to pregnancy. One of my PhD students is doing some research into nausea and
vomiting in pregnancy. We are investigating the reasons why NVP is
associated with a favourable outcome of pregnancy, looking particularly at
effects on appetite and factors which might stimulate placental growth.

We would like to gather information and anecdotal evidence about those foods
(and other factors) which affect the degree of nausea in pregnancy (either
increasing or decreasing discomfort) and those foods etc for which women
have cravings or aversions. This is to help in the design of a questionnaire
investigating nutrient intake in women with NVP.

If you could reply directly to me with any information, I will compile a
synopsis of the information received and post it on the list.

Thank you,

Jane Coad

Dr Jane Coad,
European Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (EIHMS),
Duke of Kent Building,
University of Surrey,
Guildford,
Surrey  GU2 5TE, UK