Media and nuclear deterrence

Dear Colleagues,

As part of building up a bibliography for a course on media and security policy I am looking for material or articles on media and nuclear deterrence/nuclear policy. I am familiar with the chapter on media in Hugh Miall’s “Nuclear Weapons: Who’s In Charge?” but couldn’t find much more! Any advice would be most welcomed.

I realise this topic may be a bit anachronistic but perhaps some of our more senior list members who may have been active in height the ‘nuclear age’ could remember some useful material.

A great many thanks.

Dr. Shlomo Shpiro