This is an invitation to write a book chapter on journalistic television

criticism in the UK.
The chapter will be incorporated in a book on
television criticism, to be published next year, in French, by the
Institut National de l'Audiovisuel, Paris, and a (Academic)
co-publisher. The book includes theoretical and historical discussions
of journalistic TV criticism, mostly in France, with chapters on other
experiences (so far, the US and Italy).

The book will be edited by Jérôme Bourdon (author of this message),
historian of French media and currently lecturer at Tel Aviv University,

and Jean-Michel Frodon, cinema critic of the daily newspaper le Monde.

The paper can focus on various aspects of journalistic television
criticism in the UK but should include, for non UK readers, a general
description with some historical elements. It should not exceed 8000
words.
For a publication in French, papers recently published (or being
published) in English can be considered, but we'll prefer an unpublished

piece (especially as we will propose the book for translation into
English).

We will be grateful to anyone who can help us spot relevant material
even if it's not his own..
The editors of the book remain at your disposal for further information.

Jerome Bourdon