Poor Jim thought he'd use some neat software to let correspondents know he
was away. Instead, he caused the dreaded "vacation loop" and stuffed
everyone's mailbox full of gargbage.
If you don't want to end up as roadkill on the information superhighway,
remember before you go away to temporarily SUSPEND messages from
your Mailbase lists by sending a message to [log in to unmask] with
the command:

        suspend mail all
        stop

On your return, you can RESUME mail by sending a message to
[log in to unmask] with the command

        resume mail all
        stop

For more information, see: http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/docs/suspend.html

Remember, you can use the web archives to catch up on any messages you may
have missed. Alternatively you can retrieve old email archives by email.

Prof Bruce Royan, CEO,  SCRAN (Scottish Cultural Resources Access Network)
http://www.scran.ac.uk/    tel (+44) 131 662 1211    fax(+44) 131 662 1511