Hello Friends,

Thank you to everybody that replied to my quest for copyright free anatomical illustrations.  I've had some excellent stuff from the folks on the list which I've summarized below.  Not all are copyright free (which is the hard bit) but all are useful.  A special thanks to John Field and Ann Mason who were good enough to send me useful stuff in the post.

Stuart.

So, for everyone who asked me for a summary - here it is:

"http://www.brisbio.ac.uk/ is useful if a report is for educational use.
Alternatively try to search on http://www.rdn.ac.uk/ "

"You will find details of image collections on the Healthworks site at http://www.themedicalhouse.com/. Enter LifeART in the text search box and you will get the superanatomy list."

"LifeArt Series of CD-ROM's published by Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. http://www.lifeart.com/ "

"A couple atlases are listed on Academic Info: Health & Medicine - Digital
Library at http://www.academicinfo.net/medlibrary.html ."

"This database from the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta might be of some value. A great deal of U.S. government material is free of copyright but I would contact them to be on the safe side.

http://phil.cdc.gov/Phil/default.asp "

"Don't know how relevant this is, but the 1918 edition of Gray's anatomy is at: http://www.bartleby.com/107/ "

"You might like to try these :

http://webclipart.miningco.com/internet/webclipart/

http://ftp1.rad.kumc.edu/icons/medical/medica01.htm

http://www.comedserv.com/medpics "

"CULL, P. (ed) The Sourcebook of medical illustrations  Parthenon (1989)
(900 copyright free illustrations)"

"Have you had a look through these sites http://www.healthcentre.org.uk/hc/library/illustration.htm "

"PILS - part of Mentor Plus (Oxford) - has some diagrams. It is available freely as part of the EMIS medical computer system used by many GPS  - or as a free-standing product Mentor Plus"

Kool!

Stuart Benjamin
Assistant Librarian - User Education

The Cairns Library - University of Oxford
John Radcliffe Hospital
Headley Way
Headington
Oxford