I have to agree with Tony.  I do think it's a proper use of lis-medical but am
prepared to be emailed down on this view.

I think a lot of users just save their own money by borrowing and never returning
books and any legitimate means of getting the stock back should be pursued
vigorously.  However, experience has just made me deeply cynical.

Rabid dogs?  far too soft an option - I'm sure we can find something MUCH nastier.
There's always the curse of San Pedro of course - don't ask....

Liz James
King's Fund library