Peter Jordan and Caroline Lloyd are preparing the 4th
edition of Staff Management in Library and Information Work
to be published by Gower. An important feature of this
well-known text has always been the inclusion of, and
reference to, actual documents and practices in current use
by libraries and information units. We therefore are asking
for documents that describe and illustrate good practice in
staff management

For example: job descriptions, person specifications,
policy documents and forms concerned with recruitment and
selection, staff appraisal, staff training and development,
staff supervision and interpersonal skills, staffing
structures and plans for future.

If you are able to contribute documentation please this
to:

Caroline Lloyd, Birkbeck College Library, Malet Street,
London, WC1E 7HX email: [log in to unmask] (phone and fax
are given below).

Ideally we would like to have received documents by the end
of September.

Many thanks

Caroline Lloyd

Caroline Lloyd