-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Mieko Yamaguchi
Sent: 29 February 2000 14:50
To: Innovative Euro List
Subject: Re: Self booking in Webpac

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Michael Loran wrote:

> Has anybody noticed a problem with the self-booking option in WebPac.
> When making a booking via webpac it is possible to choose the start
> time and the system calculates the end time correctly. However, when the
> request is submitted the system gives the message "Book from must be
> before book to"
>
> Bookings are possible using the opac but it is currenty impossible to
> successfully make a booking via webpac.

This is because since the beginning of this year, the "year" of the "Book
to" date defaults to "year" and not the current year as the system used
to until the end of 1999.  If patrons change the year to 2000 they should
be able to book items via webpac but this is not obvious.  Several sites
have already opened a call on this with the help desk.  I suggest you do
the same.

Mieko
-----
Mieko Yamaguchi                                [log in to unmask]
Technical Services Manager/System Coordinator        +44 (0)1248 382970
Main Library, University of Wales Bangor, UK   +44 (0)1248 382979 (Fax)