Sheila,

I found this interesting, especially the replies since we
have always had to reset the system time (in the backup
function) when the clocks change.  The hardware "system
time" gets changed automatically, but not the Innopac
software.

Diane

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000 15:56:10 +0100 Sheila Helen Smart
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I was surprised to find that our system time didn't change automatically
> last weekend as I'm sure it did last autumn... or am I wrong?
>
> An American member of staff reckons that in the spring Americans think that
> summer time starts the week after we do, but in the autumn it's the same -
> should I expect, therefore, our system time to automatically advance an
> hour this weekend coming and be ready to put it back?
>

> Sheila Smart
> Deputy Head of Systems
> Systems Office
> University of St Andrews Library
> North Street
> ST ANDREWS
> Fife  KY16 9TR
>
> Tel: 01334 462316

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Diane Leeson
Team Leader (Materials Management)
& System Coordinator
Brynmor Jones Library