Jeremy,

I think that if you access a publisher's e-journals via the National Janet
cache, it is always the cache IP address that is passed on, and this has
always been the case.

You need to ensure that your users bypass the National Janet Cache
when accessing non ac.uk domains (e.g. sciencedirect.com). See
http://wwwcache.ja.net/FAQ/FAQ-2.html#subs
for a detailed explanation. Your bypass list only needs to list domains,
not individual journal URLs.

If you access NESLI e-journals via SwetsnetNavigator using  NESLI-
format URLs (i.e.
swets2.nesli.ac.uk/swets2.nesli.ac.uk/link/access_db?issn=xxxxxxxx)
you will be o.k., because these are ac.uk addresses.

Sean

On 16 Nov 00, at 11:32, NIBSC Library wrote:

> Has anyone else using JANET had problems with their e-journals recently?
>
> All of our journals where access is by IP address have suddenly stopped
> working.  Having logged in as the subscription administrator to a couple of
> the journals sites and checked the registration details, it appears that
> the IP address of the Janet cache is now being passed onto the publishers
> server, and not our own IP address, so we are therefore denied access form
> the full-text.
>
> Out network manager is looking into this and taking the matter up with the
> Janet Cache helpdesk
>
> In the meantine, short of creating a very long local exclusion file,
> listing the URL for every e-journal, has anyone else found a solution to this?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Jeremy Evans
>
> NIBSC library
>

> Jeremy Evans