Here at Reading University Library we have inserted direct 856 links into
our library catalogue (Sirsi's Unicorn) for those journals which we have
free full text access to via ingenta.

The problem we have encountered is how do we keep this uptodate.  We
downloaded the list of ingenta urls at the end of October, then identified
which titles we had current subscriptions to which took a fair amount of
time so it was not til after Christmas that we started inputting the urls
into the catalogue records.  In the mean time we have found that this list
of journals has been updated - titles have been both removed and added. It
would be a very time consuming task to have to keep checking this list at
regular intervals as it is very long and ingenta unlike catchword and
jstor do not appear to have a means of notifying users of changes of
availability of journals. I also havent found a way of getting a list of
what we are entitled to similar to Catchword and Cambridge University
Press

I am wondering how other libraries with direct links from their catalogues
to ingenta journals are keeping up to date with changes and how they keep
up to date with additions made by other publishers.

Siobhan

	     	Siobhan Wood
		Metadata Co-ordinator / Liaison Librarian (Geography)
	     	University of Reading Library
	     	Whiteknights
	     	P.O. Box 223
             	Reading