Sound like practice elsewhere is similar to here at Stirling.

1. We add all e-journals to the library catalogue - adding additional
information to the record for the printed version where appropriate or
creating a new bib record for e-only titles. We have a constantly changing
cataloguing policy for e-resources.
2. The library's webpages information resources section -
http://www.stir.ac.uk/infoserv/library/elecinf/index.htm has details of
major e-journal sources and selected lists by subject.
3. We mark the last box of print at the shelf with a sticker directing the
user to the catalogue as the journal is now available online.

My view is that they must be on the catalogue to allow the user full access
to the library's collections in print and electronically, together from the
same source. However, it involves a great deal of work and has placed
significant additional pressure on the team involved.

Colin.
Colin Sinclair
Head of Bibliographic Services
University of Stirling