Colleagues,

Several list members have contacted me recently expressing concern that they
have been unable to post messages to the list. Almost always the problem
stems from the fact that they have been sending the message from an email
address that is not registered in the Mailbase database. As more and more
people start to use multiple email accounts, the potential for further
frustration can only increase.

The simplest solution from an administrative perspective would be to set the
software to allow postings from any email address. However, this would make
the list very vulnerable to junk mail, and a previous straw poll revealed
that many list members are keen to minimise this threat.

If you experience difficulties posting to int-boundaries, please feel free
to email me, stating which address(es) you would like to register with the
list. Please note that every message posted to the list will be sent to ALL
your registered addresses, but if you are likely to post messages from more
than one address it is probably worth this minor inconvenience.

If you wish to check your registered address, send a message to
[log in to unmask] with the command "review int-boundaries" as the sole
text of your message. If the request bounces, you are probably using an
unregistered address!

Finally, please remember NOT to send administrative enquiries or commands to
the list address ([log in to unmask]). Mailbase commands should
be sent to [log in to unmask], and enquiries should be sent directly to
me ([log in to unmask]).

Thanks to everyone for their contributions to the list. We now have 370
members around the world and there have been more than 1,000 messages posted
since the list was founded in October 1995.

Best wishes,

m a r t i n

==================================
Martin Pratt