Hello all.

Someone recently told me a story (a tall tale?) about Queen Victoria. I'm
not sure if they had their facts straight or not, but they said that at some
point in 19th Century history, the British embassy was burned down in either
Colombia or Bolivia (the person who told me was not sure). As a reaction to
this event, Queen Victoria supposedly instructed her cartographers to remove
this country (Colombia or Bolivia) from British maps!

Does this story ring true to anyone? Has anyone heard this one before? I'm
curious to know, and if so, if anyone has any citation or lead for where
more information could be found.

Thanks!

Tom Edwards
Geographer