From: BarbaraHarper <[log in to unmask]>
To: Lindsay Maginn <[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Material for AS Spanish
Date: 10 September 2000 11:27

Can I make a suggestion?
In my local area a group of Spanish Departments in high schools have collaborated informally, and we have now set up a
discussion/support and networking group particularly for the new AS/A level syllabus in mind.  We are all doing the same syllabus
(which helps) and that is probably what will happen in a local area.

One school wrote and invited several others where Spanish  is taught to invite them to a discussion day.  We had a full day on this
in the Summer Term.  We found it so useful we are meeting again in October to see how it's going, and input new info, resources we
have found appropriate and discuss the way forward.

It's a great way to share ideas and our own resources, and particularly where Spanish is taught by only one person in school, a
wonderful source of support!   Other ideas may spring from it; in our case, because my school is soon to have a
videoconferencing/multimedia PC suite (initially) dedicated for our use, I am planning to host a Year 12 session with students from
these schools to use these facilities on a theme appropriate for them.

Try it!  It's cheap training for your school, low transport and no course fees and of real benefit to you!