My name is Cheryl Preston.  I am a law professor at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah.  I teach mainly business and commercial law, but I research and write in feminist legal theory.  One major area of focus for me is the interrelationships among law/society and religion and women/feminist values.  I have finished a major project on the importance of God-language and references to deity in the development of legal theory and thus, the significance of male-only God-language in social hierarchy.

I am a devout member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon).  I am now working on a piece that seeks to understand women and feminist values in the context of traditional, even fundamental, religious organizations.  If anyone has insights on this topic, please let me know.

I look forward to learning from you.