At 22:45 03.12.00 -0500, silke wrote:
>My understanding of this list is that it is a place to discuss gender and
>religion, right?

(Sorry for once again coming up with a "yes, but..." type of point ;-) That
says little about the framework/tradition in which this is intended to
happen/stand. The formulation indeed reminded me of Judith Jannberg's
"patriarchal ptomaine" (can't remember exactly the book), which itself
probably derives from Mary Daly talking of "necrophilia" (Gyn/Ecology,
passim), who were authors widely read, though by probably most found rather
aggressive (to the point of deliberately being offensive) writers, and,
sorry to say (esp. for Daly), at least these 2 works didn't have too much
academic qualities.

Best,

Heike