Hello, Gender-Religion List Members:

I'm a professor of English at a US community college, queer activist, former
Roman Catholic priest. I've researched and written on topics related to
gender, sexuality, and religion or spirituality, including my doctoral
dissertation on AIDS and American apocalypticism and several articles, some
of which are available on my Web site (see link below). I recently published
an article, "Sexuality," for the Encyclopedia of Millennialism (Routledge
2000). I'm on the executive committee of the Modern Language Association's
Literature & Religion Division.  I also edit the Harrington Gay Men's
Fiction Quarterly (a companion to the Harrington Lesbian Fiction Quarterly),
published by Haworth Press, so I'm always looking for interesting
general-audience critical essays.

Tom

Dr. Thomas L. Long, Ph.D.
English Department
Thomas Nelson Community College
PO Box 9407
Hampton, Virginia 23670  USA

Chairperson, VCCS Regional Centers for Teaching Excellence/Tidewater
757.825.3663 (voice)
757.825.3842 (fax)
http://users.visi.net/~longt