The British Museum recently launched its online collections database COMPASS. We are currently in the process of producing teaching resources for a teachers'/children's version of COMPASS, to be launched early next year. This will include a mixture of online and printable resources. Much of our educational content will be written specifically for delivery online but we will also be adapting some existing material. We are involving a number of local schools for evaluation and consultancy purposes.

Compass is at www.thebritishmuseum.ac.uk/compass. List members are welcome to contact me for further information.

Carolyn Howitt
COMPASS Education Officer
British Museum
0207 323 8778

>>> Robin Clutterbuck <[log in to unmask]> 07/21 10:02 AM >>>
Following Alice Grant's email about examples of 're-versioning' printed
museum resources for publication on-line, I am sure GEM mailbase members
(me included) would like to hear about examples of these resources, so
please could you reply to the List as well?

Robin Clutterbuck