At-Bristol
The outstanding new destination on Bristol's Harbourside, a place where
science, nature and art come to life.
Opening from Spring 2000, it will create a dynamic heart for the city,
drawing visitors from all over Britain, Europe and beyond.

Explore at-Bristol
Visitors to Explore at-Bristol will discover, experience and enjoy science
in ways never
dreamt of before

Wildscreen at-Bristol
Wildscreen at- Bristol will be a world first - offering a unique combination
of small animals,
plants and the latest in sound and vision technologies

Open Spaces at-Bristol
A magnificent series of Open Spaces and new art works linking Wildscreen and
Explore, with plenty of places to shop, eat, or simply relax

IMAX® at Bristol
The largest and most breathtaking cinematic experience in the West of
England - a four-storey screen will put visitors right
inside the action

We are now recruiting our front of house team and are looking for a number
of smart, bright and enthusiastic individuals, who are passionate about
working with people. This is for you if you are an exceptional communicator,
keen to share your own curiosity about science, art and the natural world
with a wide variety of people, all of whom deserve individual attention. So
if you care about customers, we want to know about you. All positions are
available as full-time, part-time, or casual posts, as we will be open 7
days per week. We welcome applications from all age groups and sections of
the community, and from volunteers who may be interested in these positions.

Full training will be provided.

Application details
For a job description and
application form for these positions
Recruitment line (open 20 January 2000)
Tel: 0117 915 8888
Minicom: 0117 914 3475
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
By post send a sae quoting the ref to: Recruitment Assistant,
at-Bristol, Deanery Road,
Harbourside, Bristol BS1 5DB
Email: [log in to unmask]
Internet: www.at-bristol.org.uk
Selection event 01 / 02 / 07 /09 March 2000

All job descriptions are available on audio tape

Floor Staff
£10,000 - £12,000 pro rata Ref: FLO

You won't be shy about helping all our customers get the most from their
visit. Life will be varied,
but never dull - you might find yourself
interpreting exhibits, giving demonstrations,
or even running a workshop.

You will be able to obtain and hold the interest
of different groups (size, cultural mix, age),
relay information in a fun and interesting manner, meeting any situation
with efficiency and
a ready smile.

Closing date for applications 15 February 2000

Retail and Admissions Staff
£10,000 - £12,000 pro rata Ref: ADR

Promoting at-Bristol's full range of facilities,
you will relish helping customers make the
right choices - whether they are looking for
a special gift, an all star ticket,
or just a cup of coffee.

Comfortable with numbers and calm under pressure, you will be keen to make
retail and admissions part of a seamless visitor experience.

Closing date for applications 15 February 2000

Bookings Staff
£10,000 pro rata Ref: BKG

Making customers feel comfortable on the telephone will come easily to you.
As with the rest of the team, your skills in active listening, combined with
a natural infectious enthusiasm, will ensure you help  customers easily to
pre-book services which fit exactly with their needs.

Calm and efficient under pressure, you will be keen to learn how to use one
of the most sophisticated ticketing and advance booking systems available.

Closing date for applications 15 February 2000

Projectionists
£12,000 pro rata Ref: PRJ

Operating and maintaining some of the world's
most advanced 2D/3D GT projection, sound and vision equipment in at-Bristol,
you will be able to communicate your passion for film to the widest possible
audience.

Closing date for applications 16 February 2000
Interview date 06 March 2000