Calling all Education Officers!

We are hosting a temporary exhibition called "Ancient Cultures" from
January to May 2001 and would like to offer schools a KS2 session linked to
Ancient Egypt.  As we are the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester,
we would like to link the session to science and technology in some way.
Does anyone support this unit on the National Curriculum? If so do you know
which elements of the topic teachers find it hard to cover or resource?

Can you recommend popular books/packs?

We are currently thinking of a session with problem solving activities to
do with moving materials for and building pyramids/mechanisms for removing
water from the Nile/experimenting with materials for
painting/decorating/potions for make up and cosmetics.

We are assuming that anything to do with hieroglyphs/papyrus/Egyptian
measuring and number work are easy to cover in school.  Any advice would be
helpful!

Please reply to the list or to