Mark, if only you could be as simple as you claim to be: "I was only suggesting
that ALL images are equally suspect when looked to as representations of any
kind of reality. No agenda behind the thought." Now prove that you don't have an
agenda. (The truth may be that your agenda is as simple (or complex)  as your
ego.) Now prove that all images are equally suspect in all situations. You're on
a film philosophy list after all.

My point is that certain situations privilege certain certain images. When freed
from certain contexts, I agree that "ALL images are equally suspect," but that's
not usually the case. Life does not always present us with the freedom required
for Kantian judgment. We find  images in context.

JMC