Hello,

We are working on a pile driveability job in hard clays.  I am looking for the "Roussel 1979" soil damping parameters which correlated wave equation damping to undrained shear strength.  The original publication was:

Roussel H.J., 1979, Pile driving analysis of large diameter high capacity offshore pipe piles, Ph.K Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana.

Unfortunately, this is difficult to obtain.  Does anyone know of a source which gives Roussel's conclusions regarding damping?

Thanks

Eric Parker
D'Appolonia S.p.A.