Hello fellow geotechs,

My name is Deb Miller.  I am a consulting engineer in Colorado,
USA.  I am currently working on the design of a new, 43 m high
embankment dam situated in some very challenging geology in
southern Wyoming.  One of the interesting foundation challenges on
this project is the presence of shallow, downstream-dipping weak
bentonitic clay beds in the valley section, which tend to act as great
aquitards so that pore pressures are as big a potential problem as
low shear strength.

I look forward to observing and participating in your group's
discussions, and will have some questions prepared soon regarding
my dam (damn?) project that I hope members of the group may
have some insights on.

Best Regards,

Deb Miller

Debora J. Miller, P.E., Ph.D.