-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of M.A.Archer
Sent: 17 November 2000 16:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: extra time in exams

Does anyone have any solutions to the problem of a student
being allocated 50% extra time in exams, but then finding
the exam too long? Even with a split exam, one of our
students, who has a visual impairment, could be sitting
four and a half hours of examination in one day.

Mike Archer
Disability Support Co-ordinator
University of Kent at Canterbury
01227 823119