Hi, I was asked to forward the following info to Dis- forum.Could you
please pass on to anyone who might be interested.

Sue

Work Experience Opportunity for a Social Science student interested in
Disability Issues

Are you a social policy/social science or economics  student, with a
personal interest in disability issues?

 Would you like an interesting work experience assignment doing a piece of
research for a small voluntary organisation based in south London?

Our role is to enable disabled people to live independently in their own
homes by providing flexible personal assistant support mostly with
volunteers.

We want to improve and develop the way we run our  organisation.  To help
us do, this we want to do a "bench-marking comparison", comparing the
service we provide and its cost, with those of other round the clock
support
options  (eg: other Independent Living Schemes, private care agencies,
residential  care institutions).

We envisage the project will be done over 1- 2 months this autumn.
After an initial meeting in our wheelchair accessible offices in Brixton
you will be largely able to work from your own home.

If you think you would like to help us with this project please contact:

Isabelle Clement by phone on 020 7735 2266
or by email at:	<[log in to unmask]>

We can offer lunch and expenses a friendly and supportive framework to
work  with.