Access to Personal Files
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Yuill, Allan
  Sent: Thursday, April 06, 2000 10:00 AM
  Subject: Access to Personal Files

  (was Social Work - Access to Files)
  Colleagues,

  I have been trying to clarify the situation about similar regulations relating to access to personal housing files under the Access to Personal Files (Housing) (Scotland) Regulations 1992.  I assume from previous statements that these regulations are also repealed.  However, my question is whether there is a straight forward list of all *regulations* that have been repealed as a result of Schedule 16 of the DPA 1998.

  Hope you can help, thanks!

  Allan,

  If the basis of your enquiry is which legislation to use when disclosing material the answer to your query probably sits in Section 27(5) of the DPA .

  "Except as provided by this Part, the subject information provisions shall have effect notwithstanding any enactment or rule of law prohibiting or restricting the disclosure, or authorising the withholding, of information."

  Ian Welton