Hello Everybody,

Sorry for the delay in the introductory message.  Forgot the hyphen in the e-mail address.

My name is Ian Welton and I am the Force Data Protection Officer for Nottinghamshire Police.

I have worked in Data Protection within the Force since 1992.  Being a member of the Data Protection Forum I joined the list to gain further insights from other areas although clearly any views affecting my work area will be of interest.

Having submitted a PhD proposal to the Nottingham Trent University with a view to researching 'privacy' as a concept/value any views about privacy in todays world would be of particular interest.

Ian Welton