Re: Workshops forgive the self advertisement don't flame me!
I can run data protection workshops for different organizations to suit
your own needs and on your own premises at considerably lower costs than
you would be charged for attending commercial conferences.
My background (briefly) is
-10 years in IT

-10 years as Assistant Secretary of the then Finance Houses Association
with among other things responsibility for data protection issues

-10 years as Senior Data Manager through to Director, Consumer and Legal
Affairs then Director, Information Resources at CCN (now Experian) -
Europe's largest credit reference agency (dealing incidentally with 750,000
subject access requests a year - again with responsibility for data
protection

Whilst at Experian I was also Secretary General of ACCIS the European
association of credit reference agencies with responsibility for monitoring
and lobbying on the EU Directive. I was also, and still am, a member of the
Data Protection Tribunal

I now run my own consultancy and training company specializing in data
protection. Relevant work has included training for clients in-house, for
the Institute of Credit Management and for other conference organizers. I
am the author of the 2nd edition of the British Standards Institution's
Guide to the Practical Implementation of the Data Protection Act 1998,
speak at BSI workshops and am a member of the BSI's Data  Protection
Committee.

If you would like to discuss my setting up workshops for you you can
contact me at

Alasdair Warwood
Alasdair Warwood Consultancy
6 Alverston Road
Mapperley Park
Nottingham NG3 5DQ

tel:0115 910 9717
mobile: 07771 701678
email: [log in to unmask]

These details are valid until 19th July 2000
Thereafter  you can contact me at

Alasdair Warwood
Alasdair Warwood Consultancy
7 Selborne Road
Hove BN3 3AJ

tel:01273 736749
mobile: 07771 701678
email: [log in to unmask]

As you will see I am moving house next week but will try to deal with any
calls etc. I receive as promptly as circumstances permit. Thank you

Alasdair Warwood