If the UK controller really is the controller for the overseas data the UK
registration should suffice. However the Commissioner and the other
countries may take a different view if the overseas processors are legal
bodies in those countries e.g. subsidiaries of a UK parent.

----------
> From: [log in to unmask]
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: RE: Comparison of Countries Legislation
> Date: 22 May 2000 09:27
>
> I have a specific question. If the controller is based in the UK but has
> staff processing data in a number of EU countries, is one notification in
> the UK sufficient? Presumably notification in each country isn't
required?
> Gail Waters

Directive?

> > > If one is available, I would appreciate a copy.
> > >
> > > Thank you.
> > >
> > > Jonathan Hodgetts
> > > Information Security Manager
> > > MCPS-PRS Alliance
> > > The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity
> > which it is
> > > addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
> > > Any use (including retransmission or copying) of this information by
> > persons or
> > > entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you are
> > not
> > the intended
> > > recipient of this transmission, please contact the sender and delete
the
> > material
> > > from any computer.  The sender is not responsible for the
completeness
> > or
> > accuracy
> > > of this communication as it has been transmitted over a public
network.