----- Original Message -----
From: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2000 11:21 AM
Subject: FW: Request For Information

> Could anyonw advise on the following
> I have been requested to provide the police with a list of all the
> direct dial telephone numbers in Save The Children.
> Also, we may  be asked to provide the the police with financial
> information relating to payments and receipts which have gone through a
> certain bank.
>
> Are there any data protection issues for the above two requests that
> I should be aware of?

Ask the police to provide you with a section 29(3) exemption form.  The
level of authority (signature on the form) can be determined by your
organisation.  e.g. Sgt/Insp/Supt.  If that form is provided and you are
content the reason for the exemption is valid and happy to provide the
information then you may do so if you wish.  If you still have reservations,
or do not wish to provide the data ask the police for a court order to
produce the information.

Should you go down the court order route you may come under alittle pressure
at the beginning as officers try to save themselves some work.

Ian Welton.