The situation is more complicated than that.
I. No they can't say no - the information is about the subject; it is only
incidentally about the third party
2. see ODPC's paper on "Subject access rights and 3rd party information"
3. I will deal more with the subject in the forthcoming revised edition of
the BSI "Guide to the Practical Implementation of the data protection Act
1998" of which I am the author.

Alasdair Warwood

> From: Broom, Doreen <[log in to unmask]>
> To: 'nrc4' <[log in to unmask]>
> Cc: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: RE: References
> Date: 27 April 2000 15:27
>
> Thanks for this.
> Can I just enquire though - if a reference is given say by a Head of
Dept.