Once a hot topic at conferences, seminars, etc.  which seems to have
gone away. Perhaps its been resolved to every ones satisfaction and
I've missed something, but I will ask the questions anyway.

Who is the Data Controller responsible for personal data obtained,
processed and maybe disclosed by students in the course of their
academic studies? Does it make any difference whether the data is
held on a university computer, the students own or is not
computerized? Lastly what about data held on university computers by
students and staff  which is not work related and is effectively
their private data. I know they should not do it but they do.

I look forward with interest to your replies.

David Marsh