I think it was me who mentioned the report.

It is entitled 'Study of the Records Lifecyle', published by JISC in June
1999. It sets out a function/activity model for universities, with
suggested retention schedules for different types of record produced
within each of the core business functions.

It is the second report arising from a comprehensive study of archiving
policies in HE institutions (the first report being 'Study of the
Archival Records of British Universities', October 1997). The project was
undertaken by a consultant, Elizabeth Parker, for a company called TFPL
Ltd on behalf of JISC.

I can't find anything about it on the JISC website so maybe someone from
JISC can provide further details on how to obtain copies of the report?