From: Amber Thomas [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 03 October 2000 13:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: UCAS applicants and previous convictions

Thank you for your prompt and useful replies, on and off the list.
Apologies for not knowing the box is already there!

What, then, is the legal position regarding institutional liability - has
that been clarified already?

Also, I assume that the applicant knows it will be passed to the institution
- but what about the data returns to HESA? Does that include previous
conviction data?
Just clarifying this in my own mind now,

Amber.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Amber Thomas
Assistant Information Strategies Coordinator
Joint Information Systems Committee
C35 Cherry Tree Buildings
University of Nottingham, Nottm NG7 2RD
Tel: 0115 8466054
Fax: 0115 9514791
email: [log in to unmask]
url: www.jisc.ac.uk/info_strat/

>>> Ken Horsburgh <[log in to unmask]> 03/10/2000 13:26:16 >>>

The Criminal Convictions question has been on the UCAS application form
since 1999 y/e.

The applicant must tick the Yes or No box otherwise the application does not
get processed.

Ken Horsburgh
Head of Computing Services
UCAS
Rosehill, New Barn Lane, Cheltenham, Glos, GL52 3LZ, England
Phone: +44 (0) 1242 544740 : Fax: +44 (0) 1242 544960
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: http://www.ucas.ac.uk
Reg. Company No. 2839815 : Reg. Charity No. 1024741

This message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please
notify us immediately. You may not copy it or use this message for any
purpose or disclose its contents to any other person or take any action
based on them.

E-Mails are susceptible to interference. UCAS accepts no responsibility for
information, errors or omissions in this e-mail nor for its use or misuse
nor for any act committed or omitted in connection with this communication.
If in doubt, please verify the authenticity of the contents with the sender.