I was just about to pose the same question as my local paper has published
my daughter's results without her consent. Some points to consider (and
advice from the academic community would be welcome).

1. The school she attended does not have a disclosure to the press listed
anywhere on its registration - you can check any entry on the Commissioner's
website...
2. Are these public examinations consequently public domain? Are Examination
Boards required to publish results for public scrutiny?
3. At no stage of the examination process from choosing options to obtaining
results was the child informed who would see her results or what would
happen to her personal data. Parents weren't informed either.
4. During the last months a barrage of marketing material from local
colleges has been sent to her. At no stage was she asked whether she
objected to this.
5. Publication of less than good exam results could lead to distress
(especially among angst ridden teenage girls) and the logical consequences
for the data controller.