Our current advice to staff is not to use home-based computers for such
work. We advise restricting the processing of personal data at home to just
email, and to avoid processing email if it involves sensitive or
confidential information.

There are a whole range of issues around home-based working including
whether the equipment is owned by the organisation or the individual, e.g
where do the legal responsibilities lie, what about Health and Safety, who
is responsible for the ergonomics of the home-based workstation and so on.

Mike Lloyd

Assistant Head (Academic)
ISaCS
University of Glamorgan