Hi all
One of our Departments is setting up a database which is to hold details of
staff as well as an emergency contact number should they have an accident
e.g. next-of-kin.  Apparently an incident occurred and the person concerned
was admitted to hospital but they cold not notify anyone as they had no
number.
To me it would seem fairly sensible to do this but there may be
implications:
1.	Should the person who is being named as the emergency contact be
notified of this and should their consent be obtained?
2.	A person could be separated and the spouse is notified - could this
be wrongful disclosure?
Anyone any views on this?
Regards
Doreen

This e-mail is privileged, confidential and subject to copyright.
Any unauthorised use or disclosure of its contents is prohibited.
The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily
be the views held by the Scottish Borders Council.