Again, can you help:-

1.	If for eg. someone has left through - constructive dismissal and
later decides to take legal action - are we only entitled to disclose
relevant to that person i.e. if a third party is named do we then have to
obtain their consent?
or
2.	Would this really be an issue with Personnel (and not Data
Protection) as Personnel would surely have grievance procedures/policies as
well as guidelines in relation to "Access to Personal Files".
3.	Also, if a statement has been made against an employee - it has been
written on a file (it may be a derisory remark) I presume access can be
given.

On the last point, I believe previous e-mails have indicated that it would
be OK to say no if the file already existed previous to October 1998 and we
would not have to disclose until October 2001 - although that may be the
length of time a case can come to Court.

Any comments would be helpful.
Doreen Broom
Data Administrator (Scottish Borders Council)
Tel: 01835 824000 (Ext. 5444)
GTN: 71065444
e-mail     [log in to unmask]

This e-mail is privileged, confidential and subject to copyright.
Any unauthorised use or disclosure of its contents is prohibited.
The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily
be the views held by the Scottish Borders Council.